Solar Panel Cost Guide in Rio Linda, CA (Jan 2023)
- Rio Linda Solar Installation Cost: $5,886
- 25-Year Savings: $14,693
- Payback Period: 7.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Rio Linda
Many homeowners choose to use a solar installer since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be challenging. A solar installer can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by providing warranties, repairs and part replacements.
Working with a professional solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Rio Linda
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Rio Linda
The cost of installing a solar system in Rio Linda can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,730. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more costly. Moreover, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a popular choice because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose will influence your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Rio Linda know more about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$28,112||7.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,789||7.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$47,618||7.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$57,601||7.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$67,736||6.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$78,024||6.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$88,465||6.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$99,059||6.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one mark of a good company.
EcoWatch's Rio Linda, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.