Solar Panel Cost Guide in Redondo Beach, CA (Jan 2023)
- Redondo Beach Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,323
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Redondo Beach
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be hard. A solar company can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't sure which solar company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Redondo Beach
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Redondo Beach
There are many factors that can determine your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Redondo Beach, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are an affordable route because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Redondo Beach homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last major cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of renewable energy solutions in Redondo Beach, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. The company's size can sometimes play the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,602||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,109||7.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$46,769||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$56,581||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$66,546||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$76,664||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$86,935||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$97,359||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you go with will influence not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should consider, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be done and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
EcoWatch's Redondo Beach, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.