Solar Panel Cost Guide in Porterville, CA (Feb 2023)
- Porterville Solar Installation Cost: $5,657
- 25-Year Savings: $13,112
- Payback Period: 7.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Porterville
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Hiring an installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. Plus, if you're not certain what kind of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Porterville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Porterville
There are a number of criteria that can affect your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,730. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Porterville average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Porterville provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar panels can impact your pricing. Porterville's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$26,136||7.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$35,154||7.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$44,325||7.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$53,648||7.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$63,125||7.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$72,754||7.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$82,536||6.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$92,471||6.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you choose will impact not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should consider, such as:
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the longevity of your solar energy system, verifying that your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you choose.
EcoWatch's Porterville, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.