Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pleasanton, CA (Feb 2023)
- Pleasanton Solar Installation Cost: $5,752
- 25-Year Savings: $20,579
- Payback Period: 5.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pleasanton
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it takes extra energy and know-how. That's why almost all homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar panel company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Pleasanton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pleasanton
There are a number of criteria that can affect your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,730 per kilowatt in Pleasanton. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Generally, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Pleasanton to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in higher prices over time due to interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you choose to install your solar panel system can play a part in determining how much you pay. Pleasanton's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$40,546||5.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$54,367||5.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$68,341||5.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$82,468||5.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$96,747||5.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$111,180||5.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$125,765||5.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$140,504||4.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will impact not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, including:
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
EcoWatch's Pleasanton, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.