Solar Panel Cost Guide in Palermo, CA (Jan 2023)
- Palermo Solar Installation Cost: $6,001
- 25-Year Savings: $20,330
- Payback Period: 5.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Palermo
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Going with a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Palermo
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Palermo
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Palermo is $6,001, your actual cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,730 per kilowatt in Palermo. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Palermo to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in higher prices over time due to interest. Even though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Palermo homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you pick will affect your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Palermo know more about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$38,394||5.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$51,498||5.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$64,754||5.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$78,164||5.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$91,726||5.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$105,441||5.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$119,310||5.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$133,331||5.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will impact not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should consider, including:
- Solar Panel Brands: The type of solar panel you need to install plays a part in which company you should go with, since different companies have access to different panels.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company regarding how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Palermo, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.