Solar Panel Cost Guide in Oroville, CA (Feb 2023)
- Oroville Solar Installation Cost: $6,001
- 25-Year Savings: $20,330
- Payback Period: 5.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Oroville
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Taking advantage of a solar company can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Companies can also provide access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for you.
If you're looking for a solar company in Oroville, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Oroville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Oroville
For many Oroville homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Oroville, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are several factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Oroville homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Oroville is the company you get to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. Additionally, some companies in Oroville are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$38,394||5.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$51,498||5.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$64,754||5.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$78,164||5.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$91,726||5.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$105,441||5.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$119,310||5.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$133,331||5.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will be a major factor in determining not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should take into account, including:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Contract: Read the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand the cost breakdown, project completion timeline rebates and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind has varying levels of quality, durability and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Oroville, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.