Solar Panel Cost Guide in Norco, CA (Feb 2023)
- Norco Solar Installation Cost: $5,351
- 25-Year Savings: $15,090
- Payback Period: 6.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Norco
Trying to put up solar panels yourself can be a challenging task, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Norco
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Norco
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Norco: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Norco average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a popular choice because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will influence your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size can sometimes play the most considerable role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$31,864||6.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$42,792||6.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$53,872||6.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$65,105||6.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$76,491||6.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$88,029||6.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$99,721||6.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$111,566||5.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer various brands and kinds of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Norco, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.