Solar Panel Cost Guide in Newark, CA (Jan 2023)
- Newark Solar Installation Cost: $5,752
- 25-Year Savings: $20,579
- Payback Period: 5.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Newark
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to go with a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. Companies can also offer access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for you.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Newark
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Newark
For many Newark homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Newark, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,730 per kilowatt in Newark. The kind of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will substantially impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more expensive. Further, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Newark to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar installer in the area provides financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you pick will impact your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$40,546||5.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$54,367||5.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$68,341||5.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$82,468||5.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$96,747||5.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$111,180||5.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$125,765||5.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$140,504||4.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Newark, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Newark, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.