Solar Panel Cost Guide in Murrieta, CA (Jan 2023)
- Murrieta Solar Installation Cost: $5,351
- 25-Year Savings: $14,486
- Payback Period: 6.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Murrieta
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make converting to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar installers offer can be helpful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Murrieta, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Murrieta
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Murrieta
For many Murrieta homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Murrieta, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar energy system in Murrieta, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Murrieta, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Murrieta, which can bring down, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's vital to consider that as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating in Murrieta, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$30,570||7.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$41,065||6.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$51,714||6.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$62,515||6.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$73,469||6.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$84,576||6.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$95,836||6.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$107,249||6.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: The model of solar panel you need to install plays a role in which company you should go with, since different companies provide different panels.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Murrieta, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.