Solar Panel Cost Guide in Moreno Valley, CA (Jan 2023)
- Moreno Valley Solar Installation Cost: $5,351
- 25-Year Savings: $17,085
- Payback Period: 6.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Moreno Valley
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a challenging task, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also offer access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for your home.
Working with a licensed solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Moreno Valley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Moreno Valley
The cost of installing a solar system in Moreno Valley can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The biggest one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Moreno Valley, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Moreno Valley, which can bring down, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of clean energy solutions in Moreno Valley, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$36,137||6.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$48,488||6.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$60,992||6.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$73,649||5.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$86,459||5.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$99,422||5.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$112,538||5.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$125,806||5.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: Many companies offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Review the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand how much it will cost, completion timeline rebates and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Moreno Valley, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.