Solar Panel Cost Guide in Mayfair, CA (Feb 2023)
- Mayfair Solar Installation Cost: $5,695
- 25-Year Savings: $20,636
- Payback Period: 5.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Mayfair
Although it's possible to install solar panels on your own, it requires extra labor and expertise. For that reason, most homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. Companies can also have access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for your home.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Mayfair
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Mayfair
For many Mayfair homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Mayfair, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Usually, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Mayfair, which can reduce, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will impact your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Mayfair have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$41,120||5.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$55,133||5.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$69,299||5.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$83,617||5.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$98,088||5.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$112,712||5.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$127,489||5.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$142,419||4.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you need to install plays a part in which company you should choose, since different companies have access to different panels.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Mayfair, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.