Solar Panel Cost Guide in Marin City, CA (Feb 2023)
- Marin City Solar Installation Cost: $6,020
- 25-Year Savings: $20,311
- Payback Period: 5.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Marin City
Trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a dangerous project, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar companies provide can be helpful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Marin City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Marin City
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Marin City: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's crucial to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will largely influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Marin City offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you opt for to install your solar panel system can play a role in determining the cost. Marin City's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$38,220||5.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$51,266||5.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$64,465||5.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$77,816||5.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$91,321||5.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$104,978||5.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$118,788||5.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$132,751||5.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the company you choose considerably affects your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar power, it's necessary to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Make sure you understand how the installation process works and the project completion timeline.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking its work history and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
EcoWatch's Marin City, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.