Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lynwood, CA (Jan 2023)
- Lynwood Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $14,443
- Payback Period: 6.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lynwood
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to go with a solar installation company since overseeing your solar installation yourself can be a difficult project. Solar warranties and repairs are typically included in the cost of installation when you sign a contract with a solar company as well, which can save you more money over time.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Lynwood, we've organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Lynwood
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lynwood
There are a number of criteria that can influence your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,730. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are available from most installers in Lynwood, which can lower, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Lynwood is the company you get to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$29,961||7.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$40,254||7.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$50,699||6.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$61,298||6.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$72,049||6.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$82,953||6.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$94,010||6.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$105,220||6.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Warranty: If you care about the endurance of your solar panel system, verifying that your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Contract: Review the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand the total cost, project timeline rebates and warranties.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Lynwood, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.