Solar Panel Cost Guide in Los Osos, CA (Jan 2023)
- Los Osos Solar Installation Cost: $5,504
- 25-Year Savings: $20,827
- Payback Period: 5.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Los Osos
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a dangerous project, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also have access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for your home.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some in Los Osos:
See all of the solar companies in Los Osos
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Los Osos
There are many factors that can influence your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar panel system in Los Osos, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Los Osos average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are available from most installers in Los Osos, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Los Osos, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Los Osos know more about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$43,009||5.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$57,651||5.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$72,446||5.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$87,394||5.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$102,494||5.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$117,748||4.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$133,154||4.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$148,714||4.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies to choose from in Los Osos, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Los Osos, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.