Solar Panel Cost Guide in Los Alamitos, CA (Feb 2023)
- Los Alamitos Solar Installation Cost: $5,504
- 25-Year Savings: $13,265
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Los Alamitos
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since trying to install solar panels by yourself can be hard. Another upside of utilizing a solar company is that they can help you maximize your return of investment by cutting back on future costs of repairs and replacements with the help of warranties and helping you learn about local incentives you can take advantage of.
Working with a vetted solar company can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Los Alamitos
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Los Alamitos
There are many criteria that can affect your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar system in Los Alamitos, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Los Alamitos, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Los Alamitos have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to green energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Los Alamitos, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Los Alamitos are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,120||7.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$36,466||7.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$45,965||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$55,617||7.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$65,421||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$75,379||6.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$85,489||6.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$95,752||6.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in Los Alamitos, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Warranty: If you're worried about the durability of your solar energy system, ensuring your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can help put you at ease.
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's Los Alamitos, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.