Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lake Of The Pines, CA (Jan 2023)
- Lake Of The Pines Solar Installation Cost: $5,886
- 25-Year Savings: $20,445
- Payback Period: 5.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lake Of The Pines
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since trying to install solar panels yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Plus, if you aren't sure what type of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar installer can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Lake Of The Pines
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lake Of The Pines
While the average cost of a solar system in Lake Of The Pines is $5,886, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Lake Of The Pines homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will play a role in your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$39,322||5.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$52,735||5.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$66,301||5.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$80,019||5.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$93,891||5.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$107,916||5.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$122,093||5.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$136,423||5.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will influence not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should consider, such as:
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they understand how exactly the installation process will go, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Lake Of The Pines, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.