Solar Panel Cost Guide in Laguna Hills, CA (Feb 2023)
- Laguna Hills Solar Installation Cost: $5,504
- 25-Year Savings: $15,401
- Payback Period: 6.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Laguna Hills
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can be a pain. Going with a solar company can make converting to solar power much easier. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't certain which solar installer to go with, here are our suggestions for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Laguna Hills
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Laguna Hills
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Laguna Hills is $5,504, your final cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,730 per kilowatt in Laguna Hills. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Laguna Hills, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Laguna Hills homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Laguna Hills homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar panels can play a role in determining the cost. Laguna Hills' solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$31,563||6.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$42,389||6.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$53,369||6.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$64,501||6.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$75,787||6.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$87,225||6.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$98,816||6.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$110,560||5.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: Warranties that cover panel repairs and maintenance over a long period of time such as 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a good company.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you go with.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's Laguna Hills, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.