Solar Panel Cost Guide in La Verne, CA (Feb 2023)
- La Verne Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,323
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in La Verne
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Going with a solar panel installer can make switching to solar power much easier. In addition, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar, going with a solar installer can help with that as well. Different providers can offer repairs, expertise on how to install solar panels and sometimes even information on local incentives, rebates and net metering programs.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in La Verne
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in La Verne
For many La Verne homeowners, the decision to install solar panels rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in La Verne, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,730. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many La Verne homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you opt for to handle your switch to sustainable energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in La Verne, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,602||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,109||7.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$46,769||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$56,581||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$66,546||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$76,664||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$86,935||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$97,359||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
EcoWatch's La Verne, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.