Solar Panel Cost Guide in King City, CA (Jan 2023)
- King City Solar Installation Cost: $5,542
- 25-Year Savings: $20,789
- Payback Period: 5.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in King City
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Hiring a solar company can make switching to solar power much easier. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in King City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in King City
There are many factors that can play into your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the King City average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are available from most installers in King City, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. Although solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for King City homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in King City is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, you'll have many options for solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to access to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$42,509||5.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$56,984||5.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$71,612||5.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$86,394||5.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$101,328||5.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$116,414||5.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$131,654||4.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$147,047||4.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose greatly influences your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar power, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. Make sure you understand how the installation process works and the completion timeline.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's King City, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.