Solar Panel Cost Guide in Kerman, CA (Jan 2023)
- Kerman Solar Installation Cost: $5,695
- 25-Year Savings: $20,636
- Payback Period: 5.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Kerman
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Going with a solar company can make switching to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar companies offer can be useful as well, especially if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment you need.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Kerman, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Kerman
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Kerman
Although the average cost of a solar system in Kerman is $5,695, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,730 per kilowatt in Kerman. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Though solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Kerman homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will influence your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$41,120||5.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$55,133||5.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$69,299||5.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$83,617||5.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$98,088||5.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$112,712||5.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$127,489||5.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$142,419||4.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar energy, it's crucial to maintain an open line of communication with your solar company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Kerman, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.