Solar Panel Cost Guide in Jackson, CA (Jan 2023)
- Jackson Solar Installation Cost: $5,867
- 25-Year Savings: $20,464
- Payback Period: 5.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Jackson
When going solar, many homeowners opt to use a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. Plus, if you're not certain what type of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Jackson
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Jackson
Although the average cost of a solar system in Jackson is $5,867, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,730. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Jackson have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to renewable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Jackson, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$39,500||5.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$52,973||5.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$66,598||5.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$80,376||5.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$94,307||5.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$108,391||5.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$122,628||5.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$137,018||5.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a large role in the company you choose.
EcoWatch's Jackson, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.