Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hilmar Irwin, CA (Jan 2023)
- Hilmar Irwin Solar Installation Cost: $5,657
- 25-Year Savings: $19,706
- Payback Period: 5.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hilmar Irwin
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar installer since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for you.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Hilmar Irwin
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hilmar Irwin
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Hilmar Irwin: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Hilmar Irwin, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Typically, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Hilmar Irwin, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you choose to install your solar panel system can play a part in determining how much it costs. Hilmar Irwin's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$39,432||5.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$52,882||5.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$66,485||5.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$80,240||5.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$94,149||5.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$108,210||5.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$122,424||5.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$136,791||5.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panel system running smoothly and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Hilmar Irwin, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.