Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hawaiian Gardens, CA (Feb 2023)
- Hawaiian Gardens Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,323
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hawaiian Gardens
Although it's possible to install solar panels yourself, it takes extra energy and handiness. That's one of the reasons almost all homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. A solar company can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Hawaiian Gardens
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hawaiian Gardens
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Hawaiian Gardens: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,730. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Hawaiian Gardens, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are an affordable choice because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Hawaiian Gardens, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,602||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,109||7.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$46,769||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$56,581||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$66,546||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$76,664||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$86,935||6.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$97,359||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you want plays a part in which installer you should opt for, since different companies offer different panels.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
EcoWatch's Hawaiian Gardens, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.