Solar Panel Cost Guide in Golden Hills, CA (Jan 2023)
- Golden Hills Solar Installation Cost: $5,542
- 25-Year Savings: $17,008
- Payback Period: 6.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Golden Hills
Although you can install solar panels yourself, it involves extra effort and know-how. Because of that, most homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you're searching for a solar company in Golden Hills, we've organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Golden Hills
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Golden Hills
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Golden Hills is $5,542, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Golden Hills, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. The kind of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will largely affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Moreover, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Golden Hills homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of green energy solutions in Golden Hills, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$34,776||6.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$46,674||6.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$58,724||6.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$70,928||6.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$83,284||5.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$95,793||5.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$108,456||5.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$121,271||5.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will influence not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, including:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar power is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry different brands and kinds of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Golden Hills, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.