Solar Panel Cost Guide in Glendora, CA (Jan 2023)
- Glendora Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,505
- Payback Period: 7.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Glendora
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners opt to use a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for your family.
Working with a vetted solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Glendora
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Glendora
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Glendora is $5,446, your final cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's crucial to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The model of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably affect costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Glendora have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to consider that as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Glendora, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,986||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,621||7.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$47,408||7.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$57,348||7.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$67,441||6.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$77,687||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$88,086||6.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$98,638||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose considerably affects your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar companies offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you go with.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Glendora, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.