Solar Panel Cost Guide in Fullerton, CA (Jan 2023)
- Fullerton Solar Installation Cost: $5,504
- 25-Year Savings: $14,553
- Payback Period: 6.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Fullerton
Many homeowners choose to use a solar panel company since figuring out how to install solar panels by yourself can be hard. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for your family.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Fullerton, we've compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Fullerton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Fullerton
For many Fullerton homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Fullerton, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of going solar. For that reason, it's important to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Fullerton, which can lower, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's important to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to renewable energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Fullerton, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$29,798||7.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$40,037||7.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$50,428||6.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$60,972||6.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$71,669||6.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$82,519||6.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$93,522||6.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$104,678||6.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you need plays a role in which installer you should choose, since different companies provide different panels.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Fullerton, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.