Solar Panel Cost Guide in French Camp, CA (Jan 2023)
- French Camp Solar Installation Cost: $5,790
- 25-Year Savings: $20,541
- Payback Period: 5.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in French Camp
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Using a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. Also, companies with a high reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in French Camp, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in French Camp
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in French Camp
The cost of installing a solar system in French Camp can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The biggest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the French Camp average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in French Camp to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or securing a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and find a company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$40,284||5.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$54,017||5.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$67,904||5.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$81,943||5.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$96,135||5.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$110,481||5.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$124,979||5.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$139,630||4.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will influence not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, such as:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's French Camp, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.