Solar Panel Cost Guide in Fowler, CA (Feb 2023)
- Fowler Solar Installation Cost: $5,695
- 25-Year Savings: $20,636
- Payback Period: 5.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Fowler
Putting up solar panels yourself can be a stressful task, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Fowler, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Fowler
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Fowler
Although the average cost of a solar system in Fowler is $5,695, your final cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The size of the solar system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,730. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your power bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Fowler average.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Fowler, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Fowler is the company you hire to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there's no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services at different costs. Some companies only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$41,120||5.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$55,133||5.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$69,299||5.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$83,617||5.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$98,088||5.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$112,712||5.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$127,489||5.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$142,419||4.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you choose will be a major factor in determining not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: Each company may offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you want to get plays a role in which company you should opt for, since different companies offer different panels.
EcoWatch's Fowler, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.