Solar Panel Cost Guide in Fountain Valley, CA (Jan 2023)
- Fountain Valley Solar Installation Cost: $5,504
- 25-Year Savings: $13,265
- Payback Period: 7.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Fountain Valley
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra energy and expertise. For that reason, the majority of homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar companies provide can be invaluable as well, particularly if you don't quite know what type of solar equipment you need.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Fountain Valley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Fountain Valley
There are several criteria that can influence your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,730. The type of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will significantly affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Moreover, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Fountain Valley homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of green energy solutions in Fountain Valley, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,120||7.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$36,466||7.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$45,965||7.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$55,617||7.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$65,421||7.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$75,379||6.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$85,489||6.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$95,752||6.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's important to maintain an open line of communication with your solar installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process will go and the project timeline.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
EcoWatch's Fountain Valley, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.