Solar Panel Cost Guide in Florin, CA (Feb 2023)
- Florin Solar Installation Cost: $5,886
- 25-Year Savings: $14,693
- Payback Period: 7.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Florin
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Taking advantage of an installer can make switching to solar power much easier. A solar company can also help save you money over the lifespan of your system by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
Working with a licensed solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Florin
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Florin
There are many factors that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Florin, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Florin to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar installer in the area provides financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining significant cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of green energy solutions in Florin, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of access to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$28,112||7.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,789||7.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$47,618||7.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$57,601||7.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$67,736||6.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$78,024||6.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$88,465||6.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$99,059||6.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panels running for a long time and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking its number of years in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
EcoWatch's Florin, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.