Solar Panel Cost Guide in Eastvale, CA (Feb 2023)
- Eastvale Solar Installation Cost: $5,351
- 25-Year Savings: $14,850
- Payback Period: 6.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Eastvale
Many homeowners decide to use a solar installation company since figuring out how to install solar panels by yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. The expertise that solar companies offer can be invaluable as well, particularly if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment you need.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar system installer to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Eastvale:
See all of the solar companies in Eastvale
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Eastvale
Although the average cost of a solar system in Eastvale is $5,351, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are quite a few factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Eastvale offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's crucial to include that in your estimate as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Eastvale is the company you get to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for example, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Companies that only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and go with the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$31,350||6.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$42,105||6.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$53,014||6.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$64,075||6.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$75,290||6.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$86,657||6.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$98,177||6.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$109,850||6.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Eastvale, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the project timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Eastvale, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.