Solar Panel Cost Guide in Dos Palos, CA (Feb 2023)
- Dos Palos Solar Installation Cost: $5,657
- 25-Year Savings: $20,674
- Payback Period: 5.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Dos Palos
Many homeowners choose to hire a solar installation company since figuring out how to install solar panels by yourself can be challenging. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar expert can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
If you're looking for a solar company in Dos Palos, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Dos Palos
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Dos Palos
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Dos Palos: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Dos Palos, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are an affordable route because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will influence your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to access to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$41,394||5.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$55,498||5.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$69,754||5.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$84,164||5.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$98,726||5.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$113,441||5.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$128,309||4.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$143,330||4.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you go with will impact not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: Review the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand the cost breakdown, completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Dos Palos, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.