Solar Panel Cost Guide in Diamond Springs, CA (Jan 2023)
- Diamond Springs Solar Installation Cost: $5,886
- 25-Year Savings: $19,806
- Payback Period: 5.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Diamond Springs
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners decide to use a solar installer since installing a solar system yourself can be a difficult project. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
If you're looking for a solar company in Diamond Springs, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Diamond Springs
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Diamond Springs
The cost of installing a solar system in Diamond Springs can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,730 per kilowatt in Diamond Springs. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — cost more upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Diamond Springs, where sunlight is abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be difficult. Solar loans are available from most installers in Diamond Springs, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to green energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Diamond Springs, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$38,047||6.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$51,035||5.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$64,175||5.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$77,469||5.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$90,916||5.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$104,515||5.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$118,268||5.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$132,173||5.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you opt for.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Diamond Springs, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.