Solar Panel Cost Guide in Desert Palms, CA (Jan 2023)
- Desert Palms Solar Installation Cost: $5,351
- 25-Year Savings: $13,470
- Payback Period: 7.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Desert Palms
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make switching to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar companies provide can be useful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Desert Palms, we've organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Desert Palms
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Desert Palms
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that determine your overall cost in Desert Palms: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The size of the solar system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,730. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Furthermore, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are a popular route because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Desert Palms homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to solar energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Desert Palms, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$28,392||7.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$38,162||7.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$48,085||7.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$58,161||7.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$68,389||6.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$78,770||6.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$89,305||6.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$99,992||6.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the installer you choose considerably affects your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: Look through the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand the total cost, completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Desert Palms, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.