Solar Panel Cost Guide in Cutler, CA (Jan 2023)
- Cutler Solar Installation Cost: $5,657
- 25-Year Savings: $16,893
- Payback Period: 6.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Cutler
Putting up solar panels by yourself can be a difficult project, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also offer access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for you.
If you'd like to switch to solar energy but still aren't sure which solar company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Cutler
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Cutler
The cost of installing a solar system in Cutler can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,730. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Cutler average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Cutler offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar panels can play a role in determining your pricing. Cutler's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Companies that only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$33,803||6.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$45,377||6.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$57,103||6.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$68,983||6.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$81,015||6.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$93,200||5.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$105,538||5.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$118,029||5.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installer you choose greatly affects your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the installation process.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar system running for years to come and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
EcoWatch's Cutler, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.