Solar Panel Cost Guide in Corning, CA (Jan 2023)
- Corning Solar Installation Cost: $6,039
- 25-Year Savings: $20,292
- Payback Period: 5.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Corning
Installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult task, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar installers provide can be useful as well, especially if you aren't sure what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Corning, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Corning
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Corning
For many Corning homeowners, the decision to install solar panels comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Corning, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,730 per kilowatt in Corning. The type of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Plus, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Corning have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs remarkably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final major cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Corning, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$38,002||6.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$50,975||5.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$64,101||5.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$77,380||5.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$90,812||5.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$104,397||5.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$118,134||5.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$132,025||5.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in Corning, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Read the contract terms closely to make sure you understand how much it will cost, project timeline incentives and warranties.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panels running for a long time and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Corning, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.