Solar Panel Cost Guide in Copperopolis, CA (Jan 2023)
- Copperopolis Solar Installation Cost: $5,829
- 25-Year Savings: $20,412
- Payback Period: 5.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Copperopolis
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners choose to use a solar installer since installing a solar system yourself can be a time-consuming project. Companies can also offer access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for your home.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Copperopolis, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Copperopolis
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Copperopolis
There are a number of factors that can affect your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your power bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Copperopolis average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Copperopolis to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to a higher cost over time because of interest. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to solar energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Copperopolis, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$39,642||5.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$53,162||5.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$66,834||5.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$80,660||5.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$94,638||5.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$108,769||5.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$123,054||5.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$137,491||5.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: Well-established companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: Homeowners should make sure they know how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Copperopolis, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.