Solar Panel Cost Guide in Colusa, CA (Feb 2023)
- Colusa Solar Installation Cost: $5,886
- 25-Year Savings: $20,445
- Payback Period: 5.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Colusa
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra effort and handiness. Because of that, most people choose to go with a solar panel installer. Some solar installers, particularly local ones, can help you better understand incentives in Colusa, therefore optimizing your ROI.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Colusa
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Colusa
For many Colusa homeowners, the decision to install solar panels rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Colusa, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,730 per kilowatt in Colusa. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Colusa, which can bring down, or in some cases totally eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. It's a good idea to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Colusa is the company you get to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different price points. Additionally, some companies in Colusa know more about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$39,355||5.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$52,780||5.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$66,357||5.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$80,087||5.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$93,970||5.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$108,005||5.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$122,194||5.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$136,535||5.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Reputation: Make sure your solar panel installer has a good reputation by confirming it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panels running smoothly and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
EcoWatch's Colusa, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.