Solar Panel Cost Guide in Charter Oak, CA (Jan 2023)
- Charter Oak Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,468
- Payback Period: 7.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Charter Oak
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Hiring an installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for your family.
Working with a professional solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Charter Oak
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Charter Oak
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that affect your total cost in Charter Oak: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your electric bills. In addition, extra products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Charter Oak average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Charter Oak to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar installer in the area offers financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in higher prices over time because of interest. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of clean energy solutions in Charter Oak, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most considerable role in the cost. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of access to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,909||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,518||7.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$47,280||7.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$57,195||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$67,262||6.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$77,483||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$87,856||6.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$98,382||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies to choose from in Charter Oak, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Charter Oak, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.