Solar Panel Cost Guide in Casa De Oro Mount Helix, CA (Feb 2023)
- Casa De Oro Mount Helix Solar Installation Cost: $5,370
- 25-Year Savings: $17,670
- Payback Period: 5.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Casa De Oro Mount Helix
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a time-consuming undertaking, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some in Casa De Oro Mount Helix:
See all of the solar companies in Casa De Oro Mount Helix
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Casa De Oro Mount Helix
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Casa De Oro Mount Helix: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will substantially influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Furthermore, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is difficult, solar loans are an affordable choice because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you select will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Casa De Oro Mount Helix have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$37,188||6.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$49,889||6.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$62,744||5.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$75,751||5.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$88,911||5.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$102,224||5.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$115,690||5.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$129,309||5.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process works and the project timeline.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Casa De Oro Mount Helix, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.