Solar Panel Cost Guide in Carson, CA (Jan 2023)
- Carson Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $14,615
- Payback Period: 6.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Carson
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel installer since trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Plus, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar, using a solar installer can help with that as well. Different providers can offer warranties, expertise on solar panel installation and sometimes even information on local incentives and net metering programs.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Carson
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Carson
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Carson: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the major factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,730. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Carson have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. Though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Carson homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you select will play a role in your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$30,324||7.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$40,737||6.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$51,304||6.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$62,023||6.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$72,896||6.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$83,921||6.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$95,099||6.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$106,430||6.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Carson, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar system running for a long time and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Carson, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.