Solar Panel Cost Guide in Camino Tassajara, CA (Feb 2023)
- Camino Tassajara Solar Installation Cost: $5,809
- 25-Year Savings: $20,522
- Payback Period: 5.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Camino Tassajara
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Using an installer can make switching to solar power much easier. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be best for you.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Camino Tassajara, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Camino Tassajara
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Camino Tassajara
While the average cost of a solar system in Camino Tassajara is $5,809, your actual cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Camino Tassajara, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past electricity bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,730 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Camino Tassajara have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar panel system can affect how much you pay. Camino Tassajara's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$39,971||5.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$53,600||5.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$67,382||5.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$81,317||5.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$95,405||5.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$109,646||5.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$124,039||5.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$138,586||5.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose considerably impacts your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Warranty: Many companies offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry different brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Camino Tassajara, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.