Solar Panel Cost Guide in Baldwin Park, CA (Jan 2023)
- Baldwin Park Solar Installation Cost: $5,446
- 25-Year Savings: $13,468
- Payback Period: 7.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Baldwin Park
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel company since trying to install solar panels yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Some solar companies, especially local ones, can help you better understand incentives in Baldwin Park, therefore optimizing your ROI.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Baldwin Park, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Baldwin Park
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Baldwin Park
The cost of installing a solar system in Baldwin Park can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is determined by several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,730. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Baldwin Park homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will influence your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or extra services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.84||$11,925||$27,909||7.5 years|
|8 kW||$2.78||$15,594||$37,518||7.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.73||$19,110||$47,280||7.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.68||$22,473||$57,195||7.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.62||$25,684||$67,262||6.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.57||$28,741||$77,483||6.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.51||$31,646||$87,856||6.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.46||$34,398||$98,382||6.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies available in Baldwin Park, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry different brands and models of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Warranty: If you care about the longevity of your solar system, checking if your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
EcoWatch's Baldwin Park, CA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.