Solar Panel Cost Guide in Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ (Feb 2023)
- Sierra Vista Southeast Solar Installation Cost: $9,427
- 25-Year Savings: $27,536
- Payback Period: 6.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Sierra Vista Southeast
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it involves extra effort and expertise. That's one of the reasons most people choose to go with a solar panel installer. Companies can also offer access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for your home.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some in Sierra Vista Southeast:
See all of the solar companies in Sierra Vista Southeast
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Sierra Vista Southeast
For many Sierra Vista Southeast homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Sierra Vista Southeast, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are several factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the key factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,610. The brand of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more expensive. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to consider the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Sierra Vista Southeast offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. When trying to figure out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you choose to install your solar system can impact the cost. Sierra Vista Southeast's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most considerable role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of access to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.71||$11,400||$31,562||6.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.66||$14,908||$42,375||6.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.61||$18,270||$53,334||6.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.56||$21,486||$64,439||6.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.51||$24,555||$75,691||6.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.45||$27,478||$87,089||6.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.40||$30,255||$98,632||5.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.35||$32,886||$110,322||5.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar panels are installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.