Solar Panel Cost Guide in Holbrook, AZ (Feb 2023)
- Holbrook Solar Installation Cost: $10,122
- 25-Year Savings: $23,483
- Payback Period: 7.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Holbrook
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since trying to install solar panels on your own can be hard. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Holbrook
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Holbrook
There are many criteria that can play into your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
When it comes to estimating the price of solar panels in Holbrook, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy consumption, which you can determine by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,610 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are available from most installers in Holbrook, which can bring down, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a higher down payment, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final significant cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the massive popularity of clean energy solutions in Holbrook, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.71||$11,400||$24,986||7.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.66||$14,908||$33,607||7.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.61||$18,270||$42,374||7.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.56||$21,486||$51,287||7.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.51||$24,555||$60,347||7.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.45||$27,478||$69,552||7.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.40||$30,255||$78,904||6.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.35||$32,886||$88,402||6.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will affect not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, such as:
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a good company.
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
EcoWatch's Holbrook, AZ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.