Solar Panel Cost Guide in Gilbert, AZ (Jan 2023)
- Gilbert Solar Installation Cost: $9,336
- 25-Year Savings: $21,476
- Payback Period: 7.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Gilbert
Many homeowners opt for a solar installation company since trying to install solar panels by yourself can be time-consuming. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Gilbert
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Gilbert
There are several criteria that can affect your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,610. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will largely influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Gilbert have solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's vital to keep that in mind as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Gilbert is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of access to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.71||$11,400||$24,745||7.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.66||$14,908||$33,286||7.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.61||$18,270||$41,973||7.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.56||$21,486||$50,806||7.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.51||$24,555||$59,785||7.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.45||$27,478||$68,910||7.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.40||$30,255||$78,182||7.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.35||$32,886||$87,599||6.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since choosing a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers offer the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a large role in the company you hire.
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Gilbert, AZ Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.