Solar Panel Cost Guide in Barling, AR (Feb 2023)
- Barling Solar Installation Cost: $14,989
- 25-Year Savings: $19,937
- Payback Period: 10.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Barling
Trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a dangerous task, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Barling
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Barling
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Barling is $14,989, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar panel system in Barling, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,540 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Typically, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Additionally, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Barling have solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar panels can affect the cost. Barling's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices because of greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.64||$11,095||$13,762||11.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.59||$14,508||$18,634||10.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.54||$17,780||$23,648||10.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.49||$20,909||$28,804||10.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.44||$23,896||$34,103||10.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.39||$26,741||$39,544||10.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.34||$29,444||$45,127||9.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.29||$32,004||$50,852||9.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the company you choose considerably affects your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the installer regarding how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover defective panels and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one mark of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Barling, AR Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.