Solar Panel Cost Guide in Valley, AL (Jan 2023)
- Valley Solar Installation Cost: $15,263
- 25-Year Savings: $34,151
- Payback Period: 7.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Valley
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make switching to solar power much easier. Plus, if you're unsure what type of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar installer can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Valley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Valley
There are many criteria that can play into your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar panel system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,450. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more expensive. Plus, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is difficult, solar loans are an affordable choice because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. It's a good idea to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar system can impact how much you pay. Valley's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The company's size sometimes plays the most significant role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.55||$10,702||$22,599||8.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.50||$13,994||$30,407||7.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.45||$17,150||$38,352||7.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.40||$20,168||$46,434||7.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.35||$23,050||$54,653||7.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.30||$25,794||$63,009||7.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.25||$28,400||$71,503||7.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.21||$30,870||$80,133||7.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will influence not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you want to install plays a role in which installer you should go with, since different companies have access to different panels.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's necessary to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. See to it that you understand how the installation process works and the project timeline.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Valley, AL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.