Solar Panel Cost Guide in Trussville, AL (Jan 2023)
- Trussville Solar Installation Cost: $15,658
- 25-Year Savings: $35,670
- Payback Period: 7.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Trussville
Putting up solar panels by yourself can be a challenging task, which is why getting a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar installers offer can be valuable as well, especially if you don't quite know what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Trussville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Trussville
The cost of installing a solar system in Trussville can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The most significant one is your system size, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,450 per kilowatt in Trussville. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Typically, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a popular route because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Although solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Trussville homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to green energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Trussville, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.55||$10,702||$23,025||7.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.50||$13,994||$30,974||7.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.45||$17,150||$39,061||7.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.40||$20,168||$47,284||7.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.35||$23,050||$55,645||7.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.30||$25,794||$64,144||7.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.25||$28,400||$72,779||7.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.21||$30,870||$81,551||6.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Trussville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Contract: When looking over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose affects which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Trussville, AL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.