Solar Panel Cost Guide in Monroeville, AL (Feb 2023)
- Monroeville Solar Installation Cost: $14,972
- 25-Year Savings: $33,513
- Payback Period: 7.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Monroeville
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since installing solar panels on your own can be challenging. In addition, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar, opting for a solar installer can help with that too. Different providers can offer warranties, expertise on solar panel installation and sometimes even information on local incentives, rebates and net metering programs.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar panel company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Monroeville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Monroeville
Though the average cost of a solar system in Monroeville is $14,972, your final cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by nearly $2,450. The kind of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will greatly influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Further, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to think about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that's in your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be a challenge. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Monroeville, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Monroeville homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to clean energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating in Monroeville, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.55||$10,702||$22,626||8.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.50||$13,994||$30,442||7.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.45||$17,150||$38,395||7.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.40||$20,168||$46,486||7.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.35||$23,050||$54,714||7.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.30||$25,794||$63,079||7.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.25||$28,400||$71,581||7.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.21||$30,870||$80,220||6.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be difficult, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar system installer has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by past customers and solar experts like the EcoWatch team.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Warranty: Many companies offer different types of warranties that cover different things. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Monroeville, AL Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.